Sunday, January 18, 2009

When it Rains it Pours

Please tell me that I am not the only one this happens too. So I have been having this feeling all week that something bad is going to happen. Things have been going pretty good around our house lately, ever since we got back from D-land. The kids have been healthy, dad has been home a lot, Mommy has been excercising. But not to my surprise, because of my feeling ,the POOP has hit the fan. Friday night I wanted to do something for myself and go to the Gridley girls basketball game. (where I work) I have been wanting to go all season. So Avery, Nolan, and I went. We got pizza, sat and watched for a while then here we go. Nolan spilled skittles on the court, almost ran right out in the middle of the game, they were wild. So I decided to leave early. We were supposed to meet a friend there, but trying to be the under control mom, we leave. Passing my friend on the way in. Sorry. As I am backing out I hear this crunch. Poop. Yah, I backed into a truck and tore up the bumper and tail light. (hitting the fan). Luckily I didn't see a scratch on the truck. I leave a note anyway. So then there is the axiety of telling Garrett. TEll him, he is actually o.k. Very supportive. Thank heaven. Then I get a call. The bumper of the truck I hit is bent. (poop). Then Garrett gets a call. Uncle Phil passed away. (hitting the fan). Everyone is still o.k. I guess. Getting through it. Then AVery gets this cough and it doesn't stop for two days. (poop) Still coughing. Then the sliding screen door breaks. (hitting the fan). Need I go on. So my plea is this. I need some assurance that I am not the only one that has everything in her house break at one time. (Couch, car, door, toys, bed, sprinkler) . How do you deal with it if you are as lucky as I.

On a positive note. I am so lucky t0 have such a supportive husband. He has seen be through the best and worst times. And I know that sometimes both of us just want to pack up and get away from it all. We have always survived. I am also thankful for my three beautiful children which I love dearly and hate that these hard times sometimes put me in the worst moods. How can someone not smile back at their beautiful faces. They could brighten the gloomiest days.

1 comment:

The Finlays said...

I am having one of those wonderful kind of weeks myself. It is really bad when you wish Tuesday was Friday. Ü