Monday, July 19, 2010

My Family

Another sleepless night. I took an Excedrin PM, but I don't know, maybe it hasn't kicked in or something. Anyways, while lying in bed I couldn't help but think of my family and how much I love them. Summers are the best because we are all home together and we have the opportunity every day to do things together. I know we are blessed that way because some families don't have that. I look at my husband of nine years and thank the Lord that I have him. He is my strength. Some days I think that without him I would be on the couch all day watching life pass me by. He is my motivator and my best friend. He supports me in everything I want to do and is there for me when I need him. I love Garrett so much.

Nolan, my baby. He is my growth. Wherever I am, he is right there at my side. Our favorite spot is the couch. If I even sniff the couch, he is right there ready to sit and relax with me. He loves hair and the couch is the perfect place for him to play with it while he is sucking his thumb. What a character my youngest is. He just comes out and says and does funny things all of the time. He is such a dare devil too. He jumps in the pool with no life jacket and no idea how to swim and just expects to be o.k. I hope that I am always there to catch him until he figures out what dangerous means. I love my baby.

Avery, my only girl. She is so smart and such a good girl. Avery is quick to do whatever I ask her most of the time. She loves to do school work. She could read and write for hours. She is so independent most of the time, but tries to get attention when she thinks she needs it. Her and I don't spend enough girl time together. Starting school in three weeks, I know she will do well. She always strives to do her best. Avery is a lot like me in that she stresses about things. She doesn't like when there are bad feelings in the room and she feels sorry for people who have bad things happen to them. I love that girl.

Austin, oh Austin. What a quick thinker he is. Always working his mom and dad to get his way. He comes at us in so many different directions. It makes it hard, but it just goes to show that his brain is always working. I do feel for his teachers because they are in for a lot of answering to, as far as Austin goes. Austin loves sports and is athletic. Anything he does, I can tell it just comes natural to him. He will always have his dad there to push him along and give him pointers. Dad is already looking at a golf set and Austin cannot stop talking about it. I love my little athlete.

1 comment:

Than and Erica said...

I love those moments where you just love your family (even if you are missing sleep!).