Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

The kids had a great Halloween! They were so into it this year. It was so fun to watch them and enjoy it with them. We spent about two hours out in our driveway carving pumpkins today. Avery did hers all on her own. She is my independent girl. I helped Nolan do his pumpkin face, and while I was doing Austin's grand pirate ship, Nolan continued to stab his pumpkin with whatever carver he could get his hands on. When he was done doing that, he went into asking me every 5 seconds when he was going to get to do a pirate ship. Austin helped with the pirate ship as much as he could and it turned out awesome. He had to show all of the neighbors. He is such a social bug.


So we usually go out in the beginning of November and I let the kids pick out their costumes. So at the beginning of October Nolan sees this Darth Vador costume at Toys R Us and he begs and begs for it until we finally do our costume trip. We could not find a Vador costume that fit him, so we bought one that was way too big. I did my best to alter it. I must say, I'm pretty proud. A couple of days ago, it did start coming apart, but my quick fix was successful. I thought it was funny that he chose Vador because he is my most mischievous child at times.
Austin picked out a Star Wars bounty hunter costume that cost me $40. It was a little big, but not too bad. I was able to alter it a little, but it was still a little baggy. Unsatisfied, he decides to wear Spider man. It was pretty cool though, because him and Avery were both super heroes.
Avery wanted to be a few different things, but when we got to the store, Wonder Woman is what she picked. It was awesome that she picked that because during school last week they had a super hero dress-up day for Red Ribbon week, so Avery and Austin got to go as super heroes. So cool!
I was proud of Austin this year. He got over his fear of the pumpkin guts and touched it a little bit!
Avery loves the pumpkin guts, and bugs, and frogs. Like mother, like daughter.

The first thing the kids wanted to do this morning was art. They sat there for such a long time painting and drawing. Even Nolan got into it. I'm glad that they like that kind of stuff. It was such a beautiful day today. I'm glad we got to spend a lot of time outside too!

Yesterday, I finally pulled Avery's tooth out. Before that, we went to Audrea's baby shower and my mom and all of her sisters were telling stories about teeth and what happened when they were little. Avery wanted that tooth out so bad. When we got back to mom's she kept wiggling it and trying to get it out. Finally I got tired of the drama and pulled it out. She cried. She said that it scared her a little bit. The fear of the unknown....and the blood. She finally got over it though and tells everybody. My kids aren't afraid to share.
After Avery had her tooth out and we were taking pictures, Nolan so wanted his picture taken.

Before the pull.


The kids have been playing so well together. Last night Austin wanted to sleep in Nolan's bed with him. At first they started out with their heads at seperate ends of the bed. When I went in there, this is what I found. Avery, I'm sure was socializing and probably fell asleep in the middle of a sentence. I swear, these kids talk all of the time.












No comments: