Sunday, February 20, 2011

Student of the Week!








For the week of January 31st, Avery was the student of the week in her class. She got to be the special helper and the first to do everything, like stand in line, take roll, lead the flag solute, and so on. A part of being student of the week is that she also gets to bring home a Curious George backpack/puppet and play with it. Then you write in this journal about what you did during that week with the monkey. For me, a pain in the butt. I have no imagination to begin with it was just this huge hassel with trying to play referee while the kids fought over George. For Avery, a great joy. She carried that monkey everwhere in the house and that is all she would talk about. She would put the puppet on and pretend. I tried my best to have a good attitude because like I said, Avery felt pretty special.

I got to spend Friday in Avery and Austin's class. It was great. I really like their teacher. He does make each student feel special, and with 30 students, that is hard to do. I am so glad they have Mr. K this year. I hope that next year we are blessed with good teachers again.

No comments: