Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

 Fall is my favorite season. The leaves on the trees change. The weather gets cooler. People begin to light fires, and there's pomegranates and mandarins. My favorites. I like Halloween too. I wish that we could have a couple days off for Halloween. Then I could get into it more. I would love to make our costumes, instead of buy them. Avery's fell apart the first time she put it on. Now if I was really on top of things I would take the weekends leading up to Halloween and make costumes and all that, but I have never been on top of things. We didn't even get Nolan to a pumpkin patch this year. Austin, Avery and I went with school. Poor Nolan didn't. He didn't seem to care though, so that's good. We did get pumpkins. Austin is so cute. Instead of a pumpkin, he got this huge squash at the pumpkin patch. That's Austin, he likes to be different and interesting. Like his teacher says, he thinks outside the box. And he does, a lot. His little mind is just always thinking. I bought myself a pumpkin knowing he would need one to carve, and he did. We had lots of fun carving. The kids are getting old enough to do some of it on their own and that just makes it even more fun for them to see their finished product.


 We finally got Austin to touch the insides of his pumpkin, and he actually cleaned his own pumpkin this year. WOW!
 Avery has no problem with slimy things. She cleans her pumpkin, picks up frogs, she is up for anything. Such a go getter!

 Nolan falls in between I guess. He is happy doing anything, but doesn't really make a big deal out of it. I think it comes from just doing whatever his siblings are doing.

The squash. (I think it might be some weird squash/pumpkin mix.)
The finished products. Avery, the cat, Nolan the face, and Austin the ghost. Cool. I like using the patterns, they always turn out so awesome. Avery and Austin did a lot of their cutting, I did most of Nolan's. I feel bad, these awesome pumpkins never made it off the back porch. We went to the Vierra's for Halloween and we didn't want them destroyed while we were gone. The fun is in making them anyway right!

No comments: