Sunday, August 23, 2009

Little Surprises!

So these last few weeks of vacation has been full of little surprises. We went to visit some friends the other day and found out that they could swim. So Avery, being like her mother, shows everyone that she can swim too. Avery and Heidi had a blast swimming together. No floating devices needed.
Avery is so head strong when she finds something she wants to do. She will just keep trying until her goal is accomplished. She reminds me so much of me, it is crazy. Except for the girly girl stuff (see picture with crown and ear rings). She tries hard at everything she does, she worries about everything and everyone, and she is determined to get her way. Avery is such a gift to this family. She has such a giving heart and outgoing personality. We love watching her grow everyday. We have decided though, that high school is out of the question. Alternatives unkown.

Anyways, back to what I was saying. So Avery swimming surprised me. She has been off and on, but now it is full on swim chic. Another surprise, Nolan is finally pulling out of the terrible two's phase, I think. He has been so good lately, we are surprised only because I feel like he was saying no to everything. Here's to Nolan and no more no's.

Another surprise. Old friends have been getting in touch with me, it is so cool. Weird too because it seems like I just think about them and then I get a message from them on facebook or something. It is so fun to hear from them and see what they have been up to for the past ___ years. It is cool too that we can jump right back into that friend mode and enjoy each others words and company.

It has been a great summer vacation. Another one down. I can't believe it. Some things to look forward to: Nolan being potty trained, signing up for kindergarten in November, first year of soccer, mommy playing on a CARD basketball team (something I have been wanting to do for quite some time), Disneyland birthday trip, and whatever other excitement comes our way. Yahoo!!!

1 comment:

LaNell Brown said...

Cute pictures. It is always so sad when summer ends. To bad you don't live in Utah you could play ball with me and jana on Mondays and Wednesdays.