Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Hard Workin' Kids

Of course I didn't think to take a picture, but I wanted to document that Avery is a cleaning fool when she wants to be. Sometimes I get so sick of the house being messy, I announce that today is "cleaning day", so we devote a couple hours to cleaning. AVery, luckily, was in a cleaning mood and jumped right in and helped. She did most of the play room and cleaned both bathrooms, including toilet and floor. What a girl! Thank you princess! Austin started out telling me he was tired. He told me he didn't have any energy to clean. So full of it. Garrett says he's a con artist. I say he is too smart for his own good. He did get to it though and did some of the play room and mopped the kitchen floor. They thought it was to coolest thing to mop. Nolan did the best thing he could do. He stayed out of the way and didn't follow us around making messes where we just cleaned up, like he usually does. When the vaccum came out, Nolan took over. He loves the vaccum. I can hardly get it away from him long enough to vaccum. So we cleaned for a good hour, maybe a little more, and took a break with a intention to clean some more. Didn't happen of course, but Avery said she would get up and do lots of cleaning tomorrow. Yahoo! Actually, I promised the kids swimming tomorrow somewhere. They deserve a fun time at the pool!

No comments: